The way to make healthy, wholesome food is not by counting calories.
You need to get creative. You need to purchase food locally, with an understanding of lean proteins and portion control.
The only strategy for eating you’ll ever need is common sense.
Dr. Atkins is rolling over in his grave with a whopping tummy ache. The bacon double cheeseburger, hold the bun, is dead. Long live the bun!
Healthy Recipe for Chicken Tacos:
- natural chicken from a local guy, dry rubbed, kissed on the grill
- corn tortilla chips, gluten free, fried in clean canola oil
- pinto beans, stewed in chicken stock with fresh onion, celery & carrots
- rice flavored with a hint of saffron & cilantro
- guacamole & fresh salsa (both have the right kind of fat, both are naturally low in sugar, bien-bien)
Here’s the best advice I ever got: after a meal, if you’re in a food coma, you ate too much. See what I mean? Common sense.