I love Chinatown because it has Chinese food.
I love my friend Hannah Wang because she’s Chinese and her entire family takes me to Chinatown.
I love Sun Wah BBQ because it serves the best Chinese Food in the city when I cannot find the time to schlep to Chinatown.
· 1 cup hoisin
· 1 T fresh chop basil
· 1 T fresh chop cilantro
· 1 T fresh chop garlic
· 1 bulb small diced ginger
· 1 T sliced scallions
· 2 T honey
· 2 T soy sauce
· 3 T rice vinegar
· juice of one lemon
· juice of one orange
· 1 t white pepper
· sriracha to desired spice
1. mix above ingredients and let flavors develop 48 hours
2. put a 3# whole Mediterranean sea bass into a cast iron skillet
3. add baby carrots, baby bock choy and shiitake mushrooms
4. steam bake vented 45 minutes @ 400
Happy Challah Days!