The List. The Prize. And The Stamps.

45-Million are facing cuts in Food Stamps. This is a good thing. America needs to allocate its funds more effectively by doubling-down on drones, spying and the 27th Amendment,
which guarantees congressional pay regardless of job performance.

$174,000.00

Forbes placed Vladimir Putin atop its annual list of the most influential and powerful people in the world. It’s true. But Forbes forgot to qualify exactly what world they were talking about. In this case, Vladimir Putin sits atop the world of intolerant, misogynistic, homophobic, power-addicted nipple flashers.

Congratulations, Vladimir.

Bashar al-Assad joked, “The Nobel Peace Prize should have been mine.” It’s too bad the committee responsible for awarding the prize doesn’t have a sense of humor. They should absolutely award The Nobel Peace Prize to Bashar al-Assad, if for no other reason than to underscore the hilarity of using chemical weapons on your own people.

LOL

I’m having a hard time putting all of this together in my mind. We’re picking on 45-Million who are having a hard time putting food on the table, while at the same time; we’re rewarding the criminally insane.

There’s a fundamental difference between a list, a prize and food stamps. And that fundamental difference is called hunger pains.

President Obama should call Forbes and demand to be taken off the list altogether.

Then he should call the committee responsible for awarding The Nobel Peace Prize and give them the FedEx Number to the package he’s sending them, containing his 2009 Nobel Peace Prize.

Then, with the stroke of his pen, using an executive order, President Obama should repeal the 27th Amendment. Excuse my language, but I can’t stomach one more minute of those congressional motherfuckers.

As for the 45-Million who are facing cuts in Food Stamps, President Obama should make a formal address from the Oval Office, reassuring the 45-Million it’s not hunger pains they’re currently experiencing, it’s American Exceptionalism.

Contempt with a side of Indifference, pass the Coleslaw.

This entry was posted in Welcome To Backwards Land and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to The List. The Prize. And The Stamps.

I would hate to sound like a republican but here it goes, poor people do not receive food stamps. Food Stamps are allocated mostly by people who know how to use the system.

It is not called food stamps anymore is called SNAP. Welfare was no longer welfare in 1997 and that is when they changed the name.

I don’t want to make this a immigration issue but here it goes, undocumented people do not qualify for food stamps( SNAP). People who have their “green card” do not qualify for food stamps either ( not precisely).

Citizens qualify for food stamps and that is only if you have the right amount of children or family and it coordinates with the “poverty line” for a family of whatever.

I’m just saying..

I’m sure that the hungry kids, 100′s of thousands, are just playing a game to get extra shit, like food. Claudia, you brain gives you what thought it can. Please, try not to take on difficult issues. Stick with whatever the fuck you do know about.

• Claudia says:

Vince,
      Wow! Articulate your point much? Well, like always you read and perceive what is said here at your convenience.

Let me explain it to you! For the past 20 years I have worked with many children, women, and men who have been victims of many types of abuse. I have had first hand knowledge of the injustices of the system. The people WHO NEED assistance DO NOT get it. The people who do not need it DO get it. GO IT?

I always stick with what I know. I worked for the poor, I have been poor and I have advocated for them. I just don’t sit down behind a computer and write about injustices while I live the good life.

What have you done for them? How do you wrong the injustices? Are you at the front and center? How do you satisfy your conscience? Do you do it by implying that I’m an airhead? Or by trying to publicly shame me so that you can feel better about yourself and your lack of sincere interest on these people’s reality.
      And please refrain from using bad words when addressing me. As an attorney use your words and the vocabulary that was entail to you, and don’t be ingrate by showing your lack of class.

Since the civil war began in Syria, 1.5 Million refugees have fled to neighboring countries, like: Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey, Iraq. Some have even fled to North Africa.

Mostly they have been welcomed. It’s starting to get to the point where countries like Jordan have said, “No More.” But they did what they could do, above and beyond the call, since it’s not like these refugees are “gaming the system.”

Similarly, it’s not like the immigrants coming to America are “gaming the system.” They are in need. Their kids kids are really in need.

I really don’t think you can give out the “I Came From More Poverty Than You Did” blue ribbon. Winning that game is a hoax.

We all came from somewhere. And it was tough to figure out how to be the man or woman you were meant to be as opposed to the man or woman you were raised to be.

I appreciate your point of view, Claudia. I appreciate your potty mouth reaction, Vince.

If you’re going to push buttons, at least on this blog, be prepared to handle the reaction. You can control your point of view, but you can’t control the reaction.

Incidentally, if you don’t like the reaction, if it’s not the reaction you intended, it’s your job to re-think either your position, or how you present your position.

Mostly, I can’t believe we’re talking about Food Stamps or SNAP, instead of criminal bankers or holding accountable those who used torture in our name.

• Claudia says:

Agreed! I did not present my position in a positive manner. My position was intended to be scarstically against the goverment. I failed to made that point.

Claudia its pretty typical of Phony White Liberals. They sit up in the most segregated areas of the country miles away from poverty and shout I support food stamps even though they wouldn’t piss next to a poor person. They’re bullshit check writers who claim to be advocates for the poor but have CPAs who take every deduction in the book. You see Claudia I understand the bastards and hate them with a passion. They run our media and film/entertainment industry. They have never struggled and have no idea what it means to be poor or middle class. They use millions, and destroy millions and sentence them to a life of poverty to advance a criminal social agenda. Believe me they care nothing for you or your people. Puege them from this country preferably from the planet.

• Claudia says:

Hi Andy,

It sounds like you are calling me a phony white liberal.. lol but I think you meant to say…. that you understand my position on phony white liberals? maybe..

Greg, you are too funny..

• Vince says:

Pretty common talk, Andy, for a white supremisist who works really hard and is barely above the poverty line. The right wing has you totally hoodwinked into believing the socialist Dems are the ones keeping you down. They have taught you that if you just believe hard enough, you too, Andy, can have your own slaves and a private jet. Hate on, Andy. Hate on. A life filled with hate is just that, an angry world.

Come to think of it, life is a piece of shit, so always look on the bright side of life.