Trick or Treat. Smell My Feet. Gimme Something Good To Eat.

This letter is a treat. Unfortunately, the intention is being spun to create controversy.

The controversy isn’t a reflection on the community spirit behind the letter, oh no. The controversy isn’t a reflection on the goodness of caring about what you put in your body, oh no.

The controversy is a public shaming ritual, oh yes.

Put a sock in it, we’re told. Mind your own beeswax, we’re told. Food in. Thought out. Candy is a food group, we’re told.

Oh Hell Yes.

As far as I can see, in this country, every day of the year, and not just on Halloween, we wear a costume.

That costume is called a fat suit.

I love costumes. I love the silliness of costumes. What I mean to say is I love the “trick,” since it reflects imagination.

But I’ve never been inspired by the “treat,” since it reflects a blind indulgence we’ve shaped out of the feed-your-face mentality created by drive-thru windows.

What I mean to say is I’m not motivated by the “treat,” except in the case of this letter, since I think it’s a genuine treat, the right kind, from the heart.

Best of all, when you get to the bottom of this goodie bag, you’re not gonna need a shot of insulin.

This entry was posted in Food Fight and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Trick or Treat. Smell My Feet. Gimme Something Good To Eat.

1. jackson says:

you talk about community spirit, why address silly issues like haloween candy- please comment on real community issues like this

I like silly issues. Especially silly issues which have a depth. Speaking of lack of depth, the link you gave me took me to a site with the name “Breitbart.”

And that zombie is dead.

• Claudia says:

Obesity is a serious issue. Learn to read between the lines.. I’m just saying.

several video interviews I conducted with black American voters from the community-organized south and west side, reveal a community that is fed up with the status quo–the status quo that keeps these communities ridden with poverty, homelessness, unemployment, dismantled families, and, of course, skyrocketing murder rates. And residents say, “it is the Democratic leadership implementing a liberal agenda” that is to blame for the ongoing plight in their community.

More lives ruined by international liberalism. Sad.

• Babs says:

How come Repubs just make things up? I guess if you keep lying and say it enough times, some people just might question their own beliefs. But those questioning people would not be Republicans like Andy! They would be compassionate people who lean LEFT!! You think guns might have something to do with murder rates in inner city areas? Just asking! Whats sad is Andy’s misconceptions!!

I’d be encouraged by anyone whose point of view regarding the difficulties they face were articulated like this, “It is the Democratic Leadership implementing a liberal agenda.”

Nice try, pal.

3. vince says:

Last night, Andy was driving home a little late. He was horney as usual, he never has female or male sexual partners. He saw a pumpkin stand that was abandoned. He figured they were all squishy inside so he pulled the car over.

Andy got out and found a good sized pumpkin and cut a small hole in the side. He inserted his penis and began pumping the pumpkin. Just then, a flash light exposed him and a cop asked him what he was doing. Andy looked at the cop, then down to the pumpkin and said, “Holy Shit! Is it midnight already?”

Its a good thing Vince didn’t try out for SNL……he wouldn’t have made toilet bowl cleaner. So he chose the next rung on the career ladder-2 bit ambulance chaser. Happy Halloween everyone!

5. Eric says:

I think that story posted by Vince was hysterically funny. Are you a sore sport, Andy, or do you simply not have a sense of humor? Everyone thinks they have a sense of humor, but we know that everyone does not. Maybe you, Andy, only think you have a sense of humor, when in fact, you really do not.

Let’s check: What’s a gay man’s favorite time?

Answer: Ate a cock!