Bigotry: Every Which Way But Loose

Clint Eastwood showed us how the bigots feel: like they’re being cursed at by an imaginary black man in a seat which is supposed to be reserved for Whites Only.

I needed some time to reflect. I needed to wake-up this morning, after the Republicans left Tampa, to see how I felt. Let me tell you how I felt… depressed.

I sat alone on the couch, last night. Watching and re-watching and re-re-watching the Republican National Convention on Fox. You’d think Fox would know better. Usually, they know when to cut away from a disaster.

Letting go of a hero is one of the hardest parts of growing-up.

Whether it’s seeing your father as a struggling guy from the Bronx who never sat down and wrote the book he has festering inside of himself, or recognizing in your grandpa a meanness which left his only son an emotional invalid or finally coming to grips with Clint Eastwood only being truly interesting when, instead of an empty chair, he’s standing next to an Orangutan named Clyde.

It ain’t cute.

Paul Ryan thinks he’s cute. Paul Ryan has been told he’s cute. He thinks puppy dog eyes absolve the press from fact checking his speech. I’ve never seen such willful lying.

Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan are the American equivalent of The Taliban. The only difference between Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan and The Taliban, is Mitt and Paul shave their white faces. Otherwise, they’re just as extreme in their hatred of women, just as extreme in their hatred of gays, just as extreme in their adherence to hocus pocus water into wine Snuffleupagus imaginary friends.

Hallelujah. Halle-Screw-Ya!

Ann Romney thinks she’s the American Flag: red dress, white face, blue background. When you have to scream, “I Love You Women,” you can be sure it’s the opposite. Hillary Clinton would never scream, “I Love You Women.” Why? I’ll tell you why. Because she doesn’t have to since we all know it’s a forgone conclusion. The only reason Ann Romney had to scream, literally scream, “I Love You Women” is to re-set the narrative.

Mitt Romney has locked his wife in 2nd Class, which is where women belong in the Mormon Church. Even worse for women, Paul Ryan is in cahoots with Todd Akin.

This is what Paul Ryan actually said last week in lieu of the debate about “Legitimate Rape.” Get this: “I’ve always adopted the idea, the position, that the method of conception doesn’t change the definition of life.”

The method of conception? Rape isn’t a method. It’s a disgusting, horrific, unimaginable, degrading, nauseating, soul-crushing act of violence, you idiot in khakis.

Paul Ryan thinks by rolling-up his white shirtsleeves and tucking his shirt into his khakis, the appearance of being reasonable reflects a reasonable world-view.

Cute, huh?

Ship Paul Ryan, Todd Akin, Karl Rove, Rupert Murdoch and Dick Cheney to Gitmo: waterboard, rape, repeat. Go ahead. Make my day!

This entry was posted in The CC "News to Send Your Friends & Frenemies" and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Bigotry: Every Which Way But Loose

1. Bob B. says:

George Takei: “Clint Eastwood’s RNC speech was to imaginary Obama in an empty chair. I’m drafting a DNC speech to imaginary Romney in an empty factory.”

Lyin Ryan is an unbelievable joke! When Fox Noise fact checked his speech it came up as deceitful. Fox-can you imagine? For some real news go to http://www.hulu.com/watch/396903
    And for Rowdy Yates, better know as Clint Eastwood, I think he has dementia! Painful to watch. Goodbye Clint!

We forgot a big fact. No body with a real political career wanted to run against Obama. Romney has always, for the past 20 years of running for President, been just a joke. Now he’s the candidate. Why was Ron Paul passed up for this? He, he deserved it. It was for him, if the republicans only have a freak show running, to put up the best freak. He’s pissed off and so was his delegation.

Romney is the best of what was available to lose. A win would be huge. But, I don’t think they want a win. They like it just like it is. Things are perfect for big business. Why mess with it?

This is what Christopher Shays, a Republican Delegate and former Congressman, said to Maureen Dowd when he bumped into her at the RNC Convention: “Our biggest crime was trying to impeach the one president who was working with us.”

Whoever wins the presidency, and I hope it’s the guy who wasn’t born here instead of the guy who was born here with a silver spoon up his ass, it’s time for the opposition party to fight for the positions they believe in, and then do what all adults do when it’s time to finally get the job done: compromise.

It’s not a reflection of weakness when you compromise. In fact, it’s the opposite. It’s a reflection of maturity, of being capable of living your adult life in a mentality other than an extended adolescence, where tantrums on the floor of the Senate make the news.

The American people, as a whole, are not stupid. That is why, despite millions of $$ of deceitful ads by the GOP and their super pacs, President Obama is still the favorite. That is why the middle isn’t buying the biggest lie, Mitt Romney saying he wanted the President to succeed and his party rallied around President Obama when he won in 2008. I guess I missed that second in time! But that aside, are we a patient people? Hard to be patient when you cant get a job or you cant get insurance because of a previous condition. Those of us on the left and “in the tank” for Obama will vote for him again in November. We have to hope that the middle continues to see the GOP and their super pacs for what they are and realize that going back to trickle down economics and old white male social policies just won’t work anymore!

We are patient: three and a half years to turn around an economy, on the brink of another great depression, is an unreasonable time-frame. Sometimes I think we forget how upsetting and uncertain those times were. I definitely can’t say I’m better off, but I don’t think you measure everything in adult life by being better off than you were before.

We’re more thoughtful. We’re more candid. We’re more respected in the world. We’re more aware of the problems, even seeing flag draped coffins. Are things better? I guess it depends on how you measure time, which is subjective.

I’m definitely less terrorized than I was under Bush/Cheney. To me, that’s the biggest measure.